NSK designs and manufacturers spherical roller bearings that can withstand even the most demanding conditions. These roller bearings resist seizure, maintain dimensional stability, can support high radial loads and moderate axial loads, and resist wear in spite of constant vibration, misalignment and shock loads. Performance enhancements include extra precision on the bore and outside diameter; extremely tight radial clearance tolerance; and super- finished, specially heat-treated rollers with superior shock load capacity.
The NSK series include: HPS series offering longer operating life and higher limiting speeds, CA for harsh vibrating applications, CAM-VS that resist seizure, maintain dimensional stability and resist wear, and EVB series for high vibration conditions.
Product Features and Benefits of NSK’s Spherical Roller Bearing:
• Design – Elimination of the guide ring allowed for a design change that improves cage balance and strength.
• Material Technology – HPS series is made from NSK’s high-cleanliness Z steel.
• Special surface treatment of NSK spherical roller bearings increases resistance to wear.
• NSK also offers advanced material options: Super TF and TL steel, depending on application requirements.
• Advanced Technology - NSK’s patented Molded Oil lubrication system is also available.
• Bearings are also available with an oil groove and holes in the outer ring for re-lubrication purposes. Optional inner ring oil groove and holes available
• Seal Technology - NSK offers different sealing materials depending on the operating temperature of the bearing.
• Cage Materials – Available in steel, brass or polyamide depending on the requirements of the application.
• Manufacturing Technology – Advanced production system guarantees outstanding quality control.
• Life – up to 2 times the operating life of industry standard spherical roller bearings.
• Reduced maintenance costs – downsizing to smaller bearings while improving performance and lengthening equipment operating life.
• Limiting speed up to 20% higher.
HPS™ series or high performance standard uses state of the art material technology bearings, offering high speed & load ratings.
Heat stabilised up to 200°C, with a one-piece machined brass cage & special ring tolerances to withstand vibration, shock loads & misalignment.
CA-Vibrating screen series are engineered specifically to withstand hard working environments & frequent vibration.
This type of spherical roller bearings provide solutions to challenges in continuous casting guide rolls.
Specifically designed for dryer rolls in papermaking machinery operating under extremely high temperature conditions.
Lubricated with NSK’s original oil-impregnated material, Molded-Oil™, these bearings are suitable for corrosive and dust-contaminated environments.
Promoting a clean working enviroment, these bearings offer long-life performance & reliability under harsh & contaminated conditions.
Designed for outstanding toughness under harsh conditions, combining longer service life & superior resistance against wear, seizure & heat.
Specifically designed for elevators.
To help our customers, we have developed the following technical tools.
Should you need more background information on both bearing performance and technical features combined with application knowledge, our technical paper search engine can help. This serivce includes technical articles published in NSK's Motion and Control Journal.
Download technical information on NSK linear and roller guides, ball screws and Monocarrier actuators. Information includes selection guides, load ratings, accuracy, part numbering and more.
Spherical Section from Bearing Replacement Guide