All bearings need to demonstrate low friction, guidance with minimum runout or play, quiet running, low lubricant requirements, little wear and a long service life.
In addition to all of these factors, different industries have their own special requirments based on special operating environments. Some of these include:
- Very high or low temperatures
- Variances in temperature
- Speeds/revolutions per minute
- Resistance to dirt
- Ability to function in acid and alkaline solutions
- Ability to function in liquid gas and process dust
- Suitable for use in clean envirnments such as those in medical and food and beverage
Overview of the main branches of industry for which NSK solutions are available.
Primary industries include iron and steel industry, paper, wind energy, mining, agriculture and the cement industry.
Machine Tool Manufacturing and plant construction include segments such as electric motors, blowers, fans, gears, pumps and compressors.